19.10.12

NO DWARVEN BOMBERS IN THE AIR...

Real world work (boo!) has meant little DreadBall pondering of late, although a few nights in London did allow for the drinking of some welcome pints of real ale and slight hilarity at Polish stadium roof design! :-)

I did though begin to finalise my pre-season ideas for the Corporation team: the Wessex Supermarine Spitfires

Sticking with national themes for the Season One teams, if the Dwarves are German, then the humans are going to be English, with echoes of 1966 and all that...

Whilst some of the Iron Man inspired paint designs are pretty cool, I'd already decided to go with a red and white armour design as a homage to the Boys of '66 and the name came to me as a kind of extension of that. 

The Germans may not get the ongoing English fixation with the war, but I thought it amusing to keep the link ("ten German bombers" song etc) and the Supermarine Spitfires does sound likes a top  DreadBall team to me.

++ If history repeats itself, I should think we can expect the same thing again ++

2 comments:

  1. I love your theme idea, what's next? Italian Styled Veer-Men? Neo-Rooskie Orx? (The 'New Kiev Komrades/Guards' perhaps?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Damn, you been reading my mind again? Where's my tin foil hat?!!!!

      Delete